Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!


So this year for Halloween I was gonna be Jem from the TV show. It was gonna be fantastic. Outrageous, even. I was gonna be CUTE, something like the drawing that I have so kindly provided. And seriously, you should be amazed because I definitely drew that in less than five minutes, because I'm under a major time crunch and need to get to work soon.

Now, my Halloween plans were not spoiled because of work-- I'm gonna be out of there by 9 at the absolute latest.

No, my plans were foiled by wigs.

You see, the Halloween costume stores in town didn't provide wigs that were large enough in size and volume to look like Jem's fierce 80s hair. I looked for pink wigs, but I also looked for blonde wigs that I could just dye pink.

Nothing.

I was a little bit heartbroken. I'm not gonna lie. But not to be deterred, I went to the internet. Ebay had a few wigs that were appropriately big and 80s-licious, but they were 200+ dollar drag queen wigs and I don't make enough money with my crappy job at Target to afford to drop 200 bucks on a wig I was going to wear once, or maybe twice if I went as Jem a couple years in a row for Halloween.

So as today drew closer and closer, my hopes dwindled. And today is Halloween. No wig. I didn't even bother to try and sew my dress because I didn't feel like wasting the time on it if I didn't get to dress up. Tonight I suppose I'll be sitting in front of my computer, lamenting the fact that I could be out partying.

So, my readers, I beseech you. Party hard for me. Be outrageous. Truly, truly, truly outrageous.

2 comments:

  1. I vow to MAKE you a Jem wig for next year. I just learned how to weave wigs together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frightnight Foiled by Fake Follicles!!
    :oD

    ReplyDelete