Thursday, October 21, 2010

Work.


This was me at work tonight. Sad, but true. I officially hate my job. I hate working with bitchy females. I hate serving coffee to pretentious, rich assholes who think they have the right to talk down to me because I'm stuck making their drink.

And I hate people who show up five minutes before closing time.

Time literally CRAWLED by tonight. I thought that the clocks had broken at one point because it was seriously 7:39 for what felt like an hour and a half.

So when 8:55 rolled around, this was me.

Finally, it was almost time for me to be free from the soul-leeching essence of the Target Starbucks. I turned away for thirty seconds to start wiping down my countertops-- and then I saw this.



Alright, I thought to myself. One more customer wasn't so bad. It's obnoxious when they show up right before I'm about to close, but it's okay. I made them the yearned-for mocha latte and they went away. But then I saw this.


Okay. Fine, rude blonde woman. I'll make your drinks too. Stop pointing at me and waving your money in my face and I'll get right on that.

By the time I finished making THOSE drinks, it was 9:06. I looked around. The coast was clear. I ran for the lights and shut them off. As I came back, though, this is what I saw.

When I politely informed them that Starbucks had closed at 9, this is what I saw.




Some of them whined. Some of them protested. Some of them glared at me but stormed away. One woman tried to tell me she'd been waiting there since 8:55 and that she'd never been helped. I politely tried to assure her that I was the only worker, and that I had been at the counter at 8:55 and had even helped other customers who were there. So when trying to lie to me didn't work, she told me that she was going to call corporate and have me fired. I told her my name and wished her the best of luck. That seemed to confuse her. She asked if I had heard her correctly. I assured her I had. She left in a huff and I closed Starbucks without further incident.

I officially hate my job.

2 comments:

  1. Totally off-topic, but i found a movie you should watch (if you can find it)

    It's called I'm a Cyborg, But That's OK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oof, I feel ya. I worked at a semi-fast food place for awhile and the level of gall so many of the customers had... urgh.

    I was so innocent for a 17 year old, believing so many stereotypes were untrue (my mother, god bless her, had the foresight and at-home job capability of homeschooling me and my sibs. So I didn't have much wide group experience). Hah! That was when I learned that most stereotypes are startlingly accurate, business people usually suck, and people who talk on the phone when you are trying to take their order ARE EVIL.

    ReplyDelete