Friday, October 1, 2010

It's October!

And that's what I titled my post as because I have NO IDEA where I'm going with this blog post, and that seemed as good a place to start as any. It's kind of like going for a drive except there's a crazy lady behind the wheel and she's taking random turns wherever she likes, and you'd BETTER NOT TOUCH THAT RADIO because "Come on Eileen" is playing and she loves that song and you'd better TOO RAH LOO RAH TOO RAH LOO RYE-AYE with her if you know what's good for you.

That was an extensive analogy. I'm kinda proud of myself for that one.

I need something to write about. I know, I'll compare my goals for the previous month as compared to what actually happened. Something tells me this is gonna be pitiful, but I'm gonna move forward with it anyway.

  • Learn Yoga
I don't know why, but I've been wanting to start doing yoga for awhile. So, I resolved to start. This was thwarted, however, as all the YouTube videos that I watched to try and learn yoga-ing from were very... surreal in their language. Everything was so quietly dramatic, and the wind came and swept my chakra into the sea and there it was nestled gently by Mother Nature's soothing lullabies... Or at least, that's what the yoga people professed. Maybe yoga isn't the right thing for me, if I have to take that kind of talk seriously.

Final Rating: FAILURE.

  • Diet
Like many women, I struggle with my weight. I figured now was as good a time as any to start dieting. Problem is, I can't find any diets I like. Scratch that. I'd do WeightWatchers, but I'm too poor to pay to go to meetings. So I just changed my diet a bit. I'm taking baby steps at first. First of all, I'm cutting down on (and hopefully cutting out, eventually) soda. I don't think I can give up tea and coffee. But instead of drinking soda now, I'm drinking water by the... well, I'm drinking a lot of water. AND, instead of scrambling or frying eggs, I've learned to poach them. I'm a rock star. But now I have to pee a lot more often cause of all the extra water I'm drinking.

Final Rating: SUCCESS, KIND OF.

  • Learning to Poach Eggs
You know how I mentioned I learned to poach eggs? I am AWESOME. Seriously, Chef Gordon Ramsay would be all "THESE BLEEPING EGGS ARE COOKED BEAUTIFULLY." and then I'd be all "Oh thank you Chef Ramsay, you're so hot" and he'd be like "BLEEP OFF YOU DONKEY I'M MARRIED."

Final Rating: Damn Tasty

  • Listening to Even More Music
Pretty much anytime I'm not at work now, I'm listening to music. Pandora is helping me to expand my musical horizons even more. Though I still yearn for good old 80s music sometimes. Hell, I'm listening to the Karate Kid soundtrack right now.

Final Rating: You're the best around! NOTHIN'S EVER GONNA KEEP YOU DOWN!

  • Blogging More Frequently
I'm not gonna lie. I've failed utterly in this aspect. But with a new month comes a renewed effort. My new goal will be to post at least twice a week.

Final Rating: I'm so disappointed with myself. Please don't hate me.

No comments:

Post a Comment