Sunday, June 13, 2010

First Post, and Dear Roommate

Well, a lot of people have been suggesting I write a blog, since I seem to have a lot of things to say, and apparently when I write about things that make me rage or suffer, people find it amusing. So, drumroll, here it is. My super sparkly awesome grown-up-person blog. I'm also dedicating this post to my roommate because of how special my day was because of him.

Dear [NAME REMOVED TO PROTECT THE INNOCENT],

As usual, it was no problem to drop you off at work today, since I'm off myself. However, due to the apartment feeling like it's about 30 degrees because of the way you run the air conditioner and the fact that even if I shut the AC off, it will remain that cold for another six hours or so, I decided that I was going to curl up in bed under my nice, warm blankets. I began feeling drowsy. Here is where I have shown wisdom and consideration,
[NAME REMOVED TO PROTECT THE INNOCENT].

I reached out into the frigid abyss that is my room and grabbed my phone. I set my alarm for 8, since that way I would be awake well in time to pick you up from work at 10. I also knew I would most definitely wake up if you messaged me saying you god off early, because I picked a loud, obnoxious message tone and set the phone on the dresser right next to my ear. Just as I was dozing off, the loud, obnoxious message tone went off. It was from you, informing me that you were SOoooooooooooooooo tired, give or take a few 'o's. Well guess what,
. So was I. At any rate, I ignored that message and went to sleep.

You messaged me again later, forcing me to wake up because I didn't want to make you have to walk home.

Whatcha up to?

Half asleep and cranky, I replied. Why?

Just curious.

I was napping, I sent you and snapped the phone shut, hoping you'd get the hint.

But no, you didn't. Sorry to wake you then!

Well, I appreciated that, at least. I wasn't so cranky as to ignore the fact that you apologized. So I replied, No problem. I figured now the conversation had to be over. I shut the phone and then my eyes.

More obnoxious noise. It was like each time that annoying little sound played, it inserted a large fishhook under my skin and determinedly dragged me closer and closer to being awake. I cracked open a single eye and read the message. I may be off in like an hour, not sure.

Once again,
[NAME REMOVED TO PROTECT THE INNOCENT], I DO appreciate you telling me this. Seriously, I do. That's relevant information, even though you don't actually know anything for sure. Ok.

OBNOXIOUS MUSIC. Literally about to rage and bite my phone to silence it forever, I open it to read, I'll let you know as soon as I know.

I kind of figured you would. Really. It's a long walk from your workplace to the apartment. Ok... I send again, clinging to the pathetic hope that you'll get the hint and just not message me anymore until you need a ride.

Silence. Blessed silence. I settled back on my pillow, and shut my eyes. And all of a sudden, like a blithe little rogue stealthing up to me and abruptly beating me with a sack of bricks, I heard the message noise again. I began to wonder why you were doing this to me,
[NAME REMOVED TO PROTECT THE INNOCENT]. Depends on business.

Ok. I'm fully awake now, so you don't have to worry about not reaching me, I sent back, trying to indirectly inform you how angry I was that you had ruined my nap, and threw the phone down.

I swear I heard my sanity shatter like a fine pane of glass as I heard that disgusting message tone again. "WHAT DO YOU WANT TO TELL ME NOW?!" I shrieked as I picked up the phone. Sorry.

I'm sorry too,
[NAME REMOVED TO PROTECT THE INNOCENT]. Sorry that this had to happen, sorry I got cross with you, sorry that they're ditching a lot of the new Cataclysm features, sorry that they annihilated the rogue talent trees and you're cranky about that because your main is a rogue, sorry that I'm worried they're going to do the same thing to the mage trees.

And mostly, if anyone has actually read this, I'm sorry to YOU people, for electing to read this ramble. Then again, you started reading this knowing it was a rant, so you know what? I take that back. It's your own faults.

1 comment:

  1. When my roommates (when I had them) acted this way I full on terrorized them with pranks!!
    Mr Monkey

    ReplyDelete