Thursday, August 5, 2010

Well, I'm Not a Robot, But...

... On the positive side, since I started taking my blood pressure medicine about a week ago, I haven't had a migraine. Since I'd been getting them once or twice a week lately, this is a welcome change. I would say that I've changed my eating habits, but honestly, I wasn't ingesting that much salt or cholesterol to start with. My father's had blood pressure problems (and had to have bypass surgery awhile back), so I'm thinking I definitely had a genetic predisposition toward the issue. So I can't really help that.

I think what I probably need to work on the most is not stressing. I stress a lot. I stress about money, I stress about work, I stress about anything and everything. I stress about not stressing. And you can always tell when I'm excessively stressed because all the tension goes to my neck and my traps. I totally punked out on typing the plural of trapezius because I don't know if the plural form is trapezii, or trapeziuses. Either way it sounds kind of ridiculous. But when I get stressed and I get tense, my muscles feel like brick walls.

At any rate, I stress a lot. It's probably not great for me. And I'm trying to 'not stress' as much, but how do you DO that? I mean, seriously. Trying not to stress has only made me stress more because that's one more thing I'm worried about.

Anyway, I'm done talking about all that. Onward, to the more pressing issue. I AM STILL DECIDEDLY HUMAN.

This needs to change. Remember last post how I was all "I need to be a robot, guys!" and I posted a crappy MS Paint doodle of myself as a robot and it was totally awesome? That dream has not yet died.

I am accepting donations of scrap metal, schematics, pocket lint (but not belly button lint), 80s music, and decals. Because a robot should probably have decals. Right? Well whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment