Tuesday, August 17, 2010

From Heartbreak to Awesome-itude

My older sister broke her wrist this past week and had to have surgery to fix it, including the addition of a metal plate to her arm. I was concerned, naturally, but then I realized something today. Something that makes my blood boil.

My sister is now closer to being a robot than I am.
You might be thinking to yourself, "Laura, shut up about being a robot already. You've posted about it enough already. Write about something else."
You're probably right.

So yeah. Now that I got my jealousy out of the way, I'm gonna put the whole robot thing on the shelf. It may come back one day, but for now I will blog about other things.
My buddy got me to try this MMO called Aion. I've always stuck by World of Warcraft. I tried City of Heroes-- controls sucked. I tried Dungeons and Dragons online-- got too bored of it, and the art wasn't very good. So I was expecting to be mildly amused by this 'Aion' and then express that I preferred World of Warcraft.

This was me within the first three minutes of gameplay.


Reduced to a trembling, mangledy-handed, weeping, drooling, poorly-drawn MS Paint person.

Okay not really. But seriously, that game is BEAUTIFUL.


Yes. That's a screenshot. Not of my character though. All of a sudden, World of Warcraft started to look like poorly-drawn MS Paint people in my mind too. So I was blithely questing with my friend and I was having a blast, and before I knew it, we were level nine! So a couple quests later, and all of a sudden MY CHARACTER WAS SPROUTING WINGS AND I WAS FLYING.

HOLY CRAP YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW COOL THAT WAS.

And another thing that I like? Even the low-level armor and weapons look somewhat nice and interesting. It's not like World of Warcraft where you look like a complete and total scrub til at least level 70. Oh, and lets not forget the fact that the character customization is awesoooome.

So now I'm pretty much in love with Aion.

But in other news, I need sleep. So yeah. Bye, blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment