Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Illness, Day... Four, I think?

So I woke up today and the back of my head hurt. Not like a headache, but like... where my spine meets my skull hurts. This may sound ridiculous or it may just sound like I slept wrong, but it's true. Also, I hate it when my roommate decides it'd be a good idea to go lay in the bath for well over an hour RIGHT when I'm waking up. Like most people when they first wake up, my first stop is the bathroom.

It was the need to urinate that actually woke me up. I crawled out of bed, feeling sick and very sorry for myself, and toddled my way over to the bathroom. I reached for the knob and stopped. The light was on-- I could see it under the door. Well, maybe he would be out in a minute. I glanced hopefully into his room. Maybe he'd just forgotten to turn out the light. No such luck.

So I waited. And waited. My roommate never emerged. No sound at all issued from the bathroom. No running water, no toilet flushing, no audible breathing-- nothing.

I knocked on the door. "Roommate?" I called. Well, I used his name but we're protecting the 'innocent' here.

No response. But then, I finally caught it-- a snore.

That bastard had drawn himself a bath and fallen asleep in the damned tub.

I was furious. I knocked on the door, louder. No response. I stayed that way for another minute. No response except for more snoring.

Finally I gave up and stormed off to bed again, deciding that I would just go back to sleep and try later. When I woke up exactly half an hour later, he was out and happily playing on his damn computer. I shot him a glare and stormed into the bathroom.

And now that I've satisfied the need to urinate, I realize how crappy I feel. In addition to my weird neck/head pain, I'm still experiencing the symptoms from yesterday, and my throat really hurts too. My right tonsil is swollen-- but only the right one. Lefty's normal. What the hell is wrong with me?

Mutant Suffering Anguish Death Disease, Type 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment